- 160 x 15 RDL. I truly don’t believe a few weeks ago I would’ve been able to perform such a high-rep (15) back-off set on a movement like this. Since implementing cardio 2x p/w in this gaining phase, I’ve noticed high-rep back off sets on compound movements have become far easier to perform. Now, I call a set due to a breakdown in the movement, rather than my lungs giving out. Theoretically, this provides me with another avenue for hypertrophy as I’m able to train large muscle groups in higher rep ranges more frequently.
- - fasted on my rest days has been my preference thus far, and is something I will keep in right up until prep begins.
- other health benefits include:
• improved insulin sensitivity
• reduce / limit fat gain
• increase appetite / metabolism
• time to reflect / plan (mental health)
• a lovely way to start a day & boost productivity