🔥🔹 Full Upper Body Workout 🔹👇
Here’s the footage from my latest leg & arm power workout and the thinking behind the programming:
- 🔹 Set 1: I start with a single leg jump variation. I start all of my lower body power workouts with a jump variation since this is the most neurologically demanding movement of the session. The unilateral nature of this jump helps with balance, intermuscular coordination, and muscular imbalances.
This is super-set with band pull aparts. I’m always looking to squeeze in any extra back work I can for my shoulder health.
- 🔹 Set 2: I start the next superset with zercher box squat. Yes that is a smith machine. No I didn’t have any other options. Smith machines aren’t the best but they’re are better than nothing. Plus this one didn’t have a fixed barbell path which helped. These kick ass for building leg and core strength. Also incorporating the box makes me have to break my own inertia at the bottom of the squat, this helps with power/force development. When you touch the box don’t lose your tension. Instead think of the box was a scale, you would want it to only read half of your bodyweight. This is far from just sitting back on the box.
This is drop-set into a goblet squat RDL flow to get some extra volume in and for the challenge.
- 🔹 Set 3: For biceps I hit a more traditional drop-set. The squatting cable curls provide an awesome stretch on the bicep and make it really easy to feel the muscle work. I start with heavy reverse curls, if you don’t use a reverse grip on curls, start now. It will have massive benefits for your forearms and biceps. The reps are kept lower so I can use more weight but the tempo is slow to ensure time under tension. After a 10 second break this goes straight into high rep, slow curls from the same position. This finishes off whatever slow twitch fibers that weren’t already gassed and hits the muscle from a different angle.
- 🔹 Set 4: Here the same thinking went into my tricep drop-set as explained before with biceps.
Hopefully this was helpful! 👊
- 🎵 Under The Sun - Dreamville