Nutrient dense Veggies Grass-Fed Beef Sloppy Joe, so yummy! (8 servings)
What you need:
➡️2 lbs grass-fed ground beef (if you don't eat beef, you can use ground turkey, chicken or pork)
➡️1 medium onion, chopped
➡️1 zucchini, diced
➡️1 green bell pepper, diced
➡️1 yellow bell pepper, diced
➡️3 tomatoes, diced
➡️5 oz bella mushrooms, sliced
➡️3 stalks celery, chopped
➡️1 carrot, julienned
➡️2 (25oz) organic tomato basil marinara sauce from @traderjoes
➡️1 tbs basil
➡️1 tbs oregano
➡️1 tbs parsley
➡️1 tbs Himalayan pink salt
➡️1 tbs black pepper
➡️1.5 tbs garlic powder
➡️1/4-1/2 avocado per serving
What to do:
1. Heat up a big saucepan over medium heat, and add ground beef and sauté till no longer pink. (If you use ground chicken, turkey or pork instead, heat up sauce pan with 2 tbs avocado oil.)
2. Add chopped onion and sauté for 1-2 minutes till onion is softened.
3. Add chopped zucchini, bell peppers, celery, tomatoes and carrot and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
4. Add marinara sauce and seasoning and herbs, bring it to broil; reduce to low heat, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
5. Add mushrooms and stir well; cover and cook for another 2 minutes.
6. Serve immediately top with some avocado on a piece of sprouted whole grain bread or on 1/2 cup of brown rice pasta or quinoa pasta.